Job opportunity – Faculty Administrator, Fort Portal Campus
Posted on 23rd July 2018
Uganda Martyrs University invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Faculty Administrator in the Faculty of Engineering at Fort Portal Campus.
Post: Faculty Administrator
Reports to: Dean, Faculty of Engineering
Salary Scale: UMU 7
Duty Station: Fort Portal Campus
- Time tabling
- Follow up of students issues such as registration and identity card issuance
- Be responsible for the compilation of course outlines, syllabi/reading lists in handbooks produced by staff as well as reading lists by the same.
- Receiving and safeguarding examinations before being taken to the Registry.
- Prepare the agenda and make sure that all minutes of relevant faculty meetings are published in time.
- Prepare and distribute course assessment forms to the faculty at the end of each semester for students’ feedback. These forms are returned to the Dean of the Faculty.
- Summarize students’ evaluations
- Make sure that class lists and course-work mark sheets are handed over to staff.
- Prepare the final mark sheets to be distributed with the exam questions.
- Prepare data files for entering student’s results letters at the end of each semester.
- Collect course-work mark sheets by Friday of the reading week and final assessment marks one week after the final assessment and enter data as collected.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Dean.
Education and Experience:
The candidate should possess a Master’s Degree in a relevant field. S/he should have three years working experience as an Assistant Administrator of a Faculty/Department.
How to apply:
Applications from suitably qualified candidates must be accompanied with an up-to-date CV, copies of relevant documents (certificates and awards), telephone contact and email address should be submitted to the office of the Director- Human Resources not later than 27th July, 2018.
Applications should be addressed and delivered to:
The Director, Human Resources
Uganda Martyrs University
P O Box 5498